Container Ramps are an essential tool in providing safe, effective and efficient access to unload or load your shipping container. Container ramps can also provide
However, ensuring using a quality container ramp is critical to fast and efficient processes, and may well save you money in the long term.
Many companies get caught out by purchasing ‘cheap’ imported ramps that are under capacity or made of inferior steel. This results in the ramp collapsing under the weight of a forklift and its heavy load.
We’ve put together a quick checklist to help you identify quality container ramps to ensure that the next container ramp you purchase will safely withstand the heaviest of loads.
How to select a quality container ramp:
- Only purchase a ramp that is manufactured using high quality, welded steel to Australian Standard AS1554.
- Ensure the ramp is constructed with a minimum of 5mm checker plate decking.
- Add additional cross-steel ribs for reinforcement if you required.
- Ensure the ramp has support ribs which are a maximum distance of 400mm apart (the closer they are, the better the structural integrity)
- Buy a ramp that comes with locking chain and hook to attach to the container
- Request the ramp be tagged so it can be added to your WH&S lifting register.
Bremco’s fixed container ramp has been designed with a fixed frame as an alternative to the bi-fold ramp. It is fitted with pockets on each side to allow side shifting to the container door access.
The Bremco folding (bi-fold) container ramp is designed in a unique way to allow the forklift operator to approach the container straight on, with fork pockets under the main body of the ramp. It will also self-levelse, and comes in three different load capacities.
All Bremco container ramps:
- Are designed and made in our Australian factory
- Have a minimum of 5mm checker plate decking
- Use support ribs spaced at 360mm apart.
- Weld extra ribs underneath our ramps to support the forklift wheel centrelines
- Use thicker deck plates which are Australian Bluescope steel.
We can also custom manufacture a container ramp to suit your requirements, including additional cross-steel ribs.
Don’t get caught out by a dodgy container ramp – purchasing a heavy duty, quality container ramp could save you time, money and possibly your next shipping container load!